Pages

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Back Home

I am back. Back to the big city, back to more than three hundred people in a town, back where half of the town does not have the same last name, back to where there aren't 20 kids everywhere I look, back to me being anonymous... back home.

ALTHOUGH, I really do think I could live in a small town like that, just not one that was so far from a big city. I like the security, I like the community, I like the support systems that exist in small towns like that. I just don't like the idea of driving five hours to get some decent stuff.

Anyway, I had a great time up there, and I am quite excited to go back up in February for Carnaval. My little kiddos are all growns up. The thing about being back up there was the inexplicable urge to eat all the time. There was so much delicious food, home cooking, and little bon bons (which is not bon bons but french candies) that were irresistible. As soon as I got back home, I was no longer hungry for sweets, but the second I got there I was just wanting to EAT. Anyway hopefully I'll be able to run it off this week.

That's my update of the trip. It was fun. Happy to be home though.

2 comments:

Linda said...

glad to have you home - it was a lonely week all by my lonesome.

Kirst said...

Glad you had fun. I agree that it would be nice to live in a town but near a big city of course. We have friends that grew up in a place where everyone knows everyone. I like that. Anyway, see you tomorrow?!