Pages

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Enough.

I was getting really grossed out every time I went to my blog and saw the story about the puking, and then reading the comments about "guess what this kid had for lunch"... Enough. No more puking.

I leave tonight for my big Vegas adventure. I borrowed my mum's camera so that I can be as touristy as I can (and since my camera has seems to decide when and where it wants to take pictures, leaving no control whatsoever upon me). I think I'm going to focus on the shopping... My hotel is apparently just blocks away from the Fashion Show Mall where it seems that I can find pretty much everything. AND, a friend has informed me that if I go to the customer service desk at Macy's and tell them I'm Canadian, I get 11% off everything in the entire store. Sounds good to me! I'm hoping to hit up Bath & Bodyworks, Macy's, and really that's all I know. I don't have much money to shop for myself, but shopping for Christmas will hopefully be successful. I have to remember as I'm packing that I plan on buying a crap load of stuff, so I can leave a little room in my suitcase.

Does anyone know how much stuff I'm technically allowed to bring back to Canada from the states in 22 hours? I'm sure I'll buy way more, but I figure I'll just write down everything and hope I don't have to pay too much extra when I go through customs. Maybe I can sweet talk the customs agent... though I will be wearing multiple clothing items made of polyester, so maybe not. Darn.


So I just checked the Vegas weather... Thursday 20 degrees, Friday 17 degrees. Feels a touch better than here, where on Thursday it's supposed to be minus 8 degrees, and Friday where the HIGH is minus 19. Maybe I'll fall ill in Las Vegas and have to stay there for a few more days to recover.

That's all I've got. I swear if someone pukes on my flights, I'm going to snap.

4 comments:

Linda said...

I wish I was coming with to partake in the shopping extravaganza....Fashion Show Mall is quite nice - food court is smallish - but nonetheless containes most of the essentials (B&BW and Macy's) however - no H&M.

Have fun, hope you don't get the slot machine ringing sounds stuck in your head for the rest of your pairing.

Anonymous said...

I wish I was coming too! Have sooooooooooooo much fun!

KQ

lu said...

i am not sure about getting a discount for being canadian, but try telling them your albertan. some states let us save the state tax since we are sans provincial tax ourselves. although watch out at abercrombie apparently they are above this act of commercial diplomacy. jerks.

kristen said...

I hope you hit up Breandan Diamonds...I'd like to know if it is at all similar to Barbarella's