Pages

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Last post of the year

I can't believe it's already New Year's Eve! It feels like it was just Christmas, though that may be because I just spent the last four days not at home. They were very busy. Full to the brim almost every flight, which is good for the company, not so great for us since we're working hard and people get kind of cranky being shoved in so tight. I was also in Ottawa all three nights, which was kind of boring since Kristen and Jordan weren't there. I had fun with the crew though and did some window shopping and a lot of sleeping. I got home yesterday, after an exhausting day, (just think, from started in Ottawa at 7 am eastern time, flew to Toronto, sat for two hours, flew to Vancouver, then to Kelowna, then finally arrived in Calgary at 6 pm, AND three people puked and I had to deal with all three incidents), and ended up driving one of the other Flight Attendants home because her battery was dead in her car. We fiddled around for a bit but couldn't reach the jumper cables to her car from mine, so we gave up. I was super tired and couldn't wait to get home, but seriously if that was me with a dead car I would probably have had a small hissy fit, and I couldn't not drive her home.

I got home, veged on the couch and went to bed. Herein lies the problem. I was in bed by about 10, so this morning I wake up at 8:30, which is a decent amount of sleep, but tonight is NEW YEARS! And I'm going to have to stay up all night and party. I think I'll have to take a nap.

Speaking of New Year's, this is the first year in about 5 that I haven't had to work! I shouldn't say HAD to work, because I normally choose to work at the golf course since it's great money and two of my best friends also work at the same spot, but it's nice to not have to work, to be able to party and just chill out. So tonight's festivities include driving out to Millarville with about 15-20 friends and staying at a cabin out there. We'll be well fed and liquored up, party till the morning, nap a bit, eat some breakfast (maybe?) and head home. I'm really looking forward to it.

Lots of people have been talking about how much they ate over the holidays... well I can say I didn't eat loads and loads, but now, after emptying my stocking of all the candies and goodies, I have a GIANT tupperware container full. And it's sitting beside me right now. And I'm eating it. I think it needs to go away.

Happy New Year's everyone! Catch yalls on the flip side. (of the year that is...)

1 comment:

Kirst said...

Hmmmm! Candy! I loves candy! Hopefully you don't get too sick tonight.