Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I can't stand up

Why? I am so incredibly sunburned on my legs. It hurts to stand. Ridiculous. I sent my sister a pretty funny e-mail describing how it all happened and how it took me a few minutes to walk down the hall at Matt's house while holding the wall to keep steady, but I'm feeling uninspired at this moment because I'm worried that I won't be able to run my race on Saturday. Or go to Wonderland tomorrow. I'm thinking I'll just suck it up and go, and suffer through the pain. Is it bad that my bones hurt?

I didn't really get burnt anywhere but my legs, because I put sunscreen everywhere but my legs. Why? Because I thought they could use "a little sun" since they're so pale. "A little sun" turned into a touch more than anticipated, and my legs are seriously more burnt than I've ever seen. Or felt. It's horrible.

That is all. I don't know what else to say about that.

3 comments:

Linda said...

2 words... Aloe Vera.....

Look at it this way - you can at least cover up your sunburntness... I on the other hand have the white imprint of a cross burned into my chest.... super awesome!!

Kirst said...

Oh Heather!

Grant said...

I googled "burnt legs can't stand up" because I had the exact same thing happen to me, and your blog came up! I put sunscreen on everywhere except my legs and fell asleep at the beach for an hour. Yup... lobster red, and every time I stand up it feels like my skin is screaming out in pain, telling me to sit the hell down.

So, there's at least one person in the world who feels your pain (in the most literal sense)