Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Something terrible has happened...

I think I broke my magic bullet. (The blender, get your mind out of the gutter.)

I was attempting to make almond butter tonight. I roasted the almonds, and in little small batches, I blended and blended and blended until it turned into creamy almondy goodness (after adding a bit of oil too.) But on my second to last batch, it just stopped. And smelled like burning. I was careful to give the little blender some breaks, and didn't use continuously for more than one minute, as the instructions stated, but I guess it was just too much for the poor little blender. I really hope that it will magically come back to life, because otherwise I'm kind of hooped for making anything blended. I have a hand mixer/beater thing that my mum gave me for Christmas, but that's it.

I have always loved this fabulous product; from the moment I saw in the infomercial, in all it's cheesy glory, to when I actually got one for my birthday, and even when it really was sub par as anything but a smoothie maker (but you can drink right out of the container in which you made the drink! and screw on a coloured "comfort ring" so everyone can tell which one is theirs!). Oh how I will miss it... Can I just fix it? Is there a reset button? I hope!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOT THE MAGIC BULLET!!!!

Linda said...

It's true, you do love it... I even remember the first time you told me about it... your entire face lit up!
I saw it sitting there this morning but I had no idea that the poor thing was broken... maybe we can fix it....

Anonymous said...

I am sad

Kirst said...

Sorry for your loss. Maybe if you talk to it nicely it will work again. Maybe stroke it. :)