Pages

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Baby Zoey

I've been a little MIA lately.  I'm sure you can assume that means I FINALLY had a baby!

12 days overdue, Zoey Murphy Brillinger made her grand entrance.  I won't go into the details, but what was supposed to be a hospital birth under the supervision of midwives ended up being a home birth due to a quick labour (sorry Linda).  Matt, with the help of the midwives, "caught" her at 2:30 am on Monday the 17th and got to tell me that we had a daughter!  She was 8 pounds and 2 ounces and I think 52 cm long?  Since then we have been on an insane learning curve, but we are slowly adjusting!

I'll try to post a little more frequently now that things have slowed down a bit!

For now, pictures!

My favourite sleeper that she has already outgrown!

Zoey's first car ride

Nice family portrait

6 comments:

Amber said...

Congratulations! Wow, that is crazy you ended up having her at home.

She is so cute :)

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Congratulations!!! Zoey is adorable! That's crazy that you ended up having a homebirth! My MWs have told me to prepare for both options!

Linda said...

YAY Heather! So glad that it went well for you :) Good work on making such a sweet and cute little baby!

Runner Leana said...

Yay, welcome Zoey! She's so adorable! Hope you guys are doing well!

kristen said...

The family portrait is perfect. :)
And I'm counting down the days until I get to meet her.

Heather said...

Thanks everyone! It's been tough but she is worth it!